Incision down to 1.8mm
● Sharp pointed serrated interlocking tips
● Cross action tips, 1.5mm width at pivot box
● Curved shaft, tip to pivot point 10.5mm
● Marks on shaft 2.5mm and 5mm denote desired size of capsulorhexis
● Tips angled 45° from shaft
● Long round handle, overall length 111mm
● E Range single piece handle
Design registration number 004383396-0001
Designed to fit comfortably through any incision down to 1.8mm. Precise interlocking serrated tips with a sharp point enable the surgeon to initiate the capsule tear then securely grasp the capsule to perform the capsulorhexis. Designed specifically for corneal placed incisions, tip to pivot length reduced to 10.5mm. Keeping the pivot in the incision reduces the leakage from the anterior chamber, it also enables the tips to operate fully at the smaller incision sizes without stretching the incision and causing corneal deformation.
Accurate capsulorhexis size is crucial for optimal IOL function. The new Inamura cross action capsulorhexis forceps have an engraved scale from the tip to 2.5mm and 5.0mm along the shaft. The scale enables the surgeon to repeatedly measure the size of the capsulorhexis using the forceps within the anterior chamber. Measuring on the cornea surface overestimates the actual size of the capsulorhexis when measured within the anterior chamber.