● Tips fully open to 2.5mm
● Flattened tips in vertical plane, tip height 1.3mm
● 1.8mm maximum width at incision point
● Straight shafts, reverse cross action style
● Round handle, overall length 119mm
● E Range single piece handle
Design registration number 004383396-0001
Designed to crack nucleus into four segments with minimal stretching of incision. Forceps shafts open to a maximum of 1.8mm at incision point. Tips open to 2.5mm. Tip of instrument has a sharp point that initially penetrates nucleus; squeeze forceps, tips open to crack and split nucleus. By flipping forceps over, blunt edge may be used to go deeper in initial split to fully split nucleus. Using blunt edge of tip reduces risk of damaging posterior capsule.